- New Jersey Transit Hoboken Division: Main Line (to Suffern, and in partnership with MTA/Metro-North, express service to Port Jervis), Bergen County Line, and Pascack Valley Line, all via Secaucus Junction (where transfer is possible to Northeast Corridor Line); Montclair-Boonton Line and Morris and Essex Lines (both via Newark Broad Street Station); North Jersey Coast Line (limited service as Waterfront Connection via Newark Penn Station to Long Branch and Bay Head); Raritan Valley Line (limited service via Newark Penn Station);
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail: along Hoboken's western perimeter at 2nd and 9th Streets, and at Hoboken Terminal, south-bound to downtown Jersey City and Bayonne, and north-bound to the Weehawken waterfront, Bergenline, and Tonnelle Avenues.
- PATH: 24-hour subway service from Hoboken Terminal (HOB) to midtown Manhattan (33rd) (along 6th Ave to Herald Square/Pennsylvania Station), (via downtown Jersey City) to World Trade Center (WTC), and via Journal Square (JSQ) to Newark Penn Station (NWK).
- NY Waterway: ferry service across the Hudson River from Hoboken Terminal and 14th Street to World Financial Center and Pier 11/Wall Street in lower Manhattan, and to West 39th in midtown Manhattan, where free transfer is available to a variety of "loop" buses.
- Taxi: Flat fare within city limits and negotiated fare for other destinations.
- NJ Transit buses west-bound from Hoboken Terminal along Observer Highway: 64 to Newark, 68, 85, 87, to Jersey City and other Hudson and suburban destinations.
- NJ Transit buses north-bound from Hoboken Terminal along Washington Street: 126 to Port Authority Bus Terminal via Lincoln Tunnel, 22 to Bergenline/North Hudson, 89 to North Bergen, and 23, 22X (rush hour service) to North Bergen via the waterfront and Boulevard East.
- Zipcar: An online based car sharing service pickup is located downtown at the Center Parking Garage on Park Avenue, between Newark Street and Observer Highway.
- Academy Bus: Parkway Express
- Coach USA: (limited service from Washington/Newark Streets) #144 to Staten Island, #5 to Lincoln Harbor or Jersey City
- Lincoln Tunnel: north of city line in Weehawken, with eastern terminus in midtown Manhattan and western access road NJ 495
- Holland Tunnel: south of city line in downtown Jersey City with eastern terminus at Canal Street, Manhattan and western access roads I-78 (New Jersey Turnpike extension) and Routes 1&9
- 14th Street Viaduct to Jersey City Heights and North Hudson
- Paterson Plank Road to Jersey City Heights, North Hudson, and Secaucu
- Hoboken has no airports. Airports which serve Hoboken are operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Newark Liberty Airport (EWR), 12.8 miles (20.6 km) is the closest airport with scheduled passenger service
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA) is 12.8 miles (20.6 km) away in Flushing, Queens\
- John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) is 19 miles (31 km) away on Jamaica Bay in Queens
- Teterboro Airport, in the Hackensack Meadowlands, serves private and corporate planes